Veneers are one of the most common dental treatments for a reason. When people get them they often feel more confident and happier with their appearance. But before you take the plunge, here are some things to consider that will help you make your decision.
How do Veneers Work?
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain or composite resin which are custom-made to fit your teeth. Perfectly tailored to you, they’re designed to improve the look and feel of your smile by covering up any flaws, such as chipped, broken, or discolored teeth. But to get the best outcome, consulting with a dental professional is highly recommended. They can make sure the veneers are made to fit your smile and create a long-lasting, natural-looking result.
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
Porcelain veneers can do more than cover up a dental imperfection. Here are some of the other advantages:
Mask Chips, Cracks, and Discoloration
If you have a chipped, cracked, or discolored tooth, porcelain veneers can restore your smile in a way that looks natural.
Provide a Natural Look
Veneers look and feel like your own natural teeth, making them a great choice for those who want to improve their appearance without sacrificing the look of their smile.
They don’t require special care—you can brush and floss them as you would your natural teeth, and they won’t discolor easily.
Provides Extra Protection
Veneers can also provide an extra layer of protection for damaged teeth, making them stronger and helping to prevent further damage.
Designed to last for many years, they make an excellent choice for those who want a long-term solution to their dental imperfections.
What to Expect When Getting Veneers
Getting veneers usually takes two or three visits to the dentist to complete the entire process which typically goes like this:
1. During your first visit, your dentist will need to examine and take an impression of your teeth to ensure the veneers fit perfectly.
2. Next, they will check the fit of the veneers and prepare your teeth so that the veneers can be bonded on.
3. After the veneers are in place, you’ll be given instructions on how to care for them properly so they’ll last for years to come.
How to Care for Veneers After Getting Them
Once you have your veneers, it’s important to take good care of them. Here are some tips for keeping them looking their best:
1. Brush and floss regularly: Brushing twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste helps protect the veneers from bacteria
2. Limit your intake of sugary and acidic foods: Sugary and acidic foods can cause damage to the veneers, so it’s best to limit your consumption of them.
3. Avoid bad habits such as smoking: Smoking can cause the veneers to discolor and stain.
4. Visit your dentist regularly: Having regular checkups and cleanings is essential for keeping your veneers looking their best.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
If you’re on the fence about whether or not getting veneers is the route for you, ask yourself if the following applies to you:
- Do you have chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth?
- Are you looking for a long-term solution to improve your smile?
- Do you need extra protection from further damage?
If you answered yes to any of these, porcelain veneers may be a great choice for you. They can give you the perfect smile while also protecting your teeth from further damage and discoloration.
Experience a Healthy Smile with Stehl Family Dental
At Stehl Family Dental, we understand that a healthy smile is important to you. That’s why we offer porcelain veneers as one of our many dental services. Our experienced team can help you decide if getting veneers is right for you and provide the best possible care during your treatment.
Contact our experienced team today to help transform your teeth!